Serious hackers use software that scans dictionary words and combinations to find your password. So here are some brief tips to avoid getting hacked:
1. Use number, character, symbol and capital letter combinations (or, if you want to be extra secure, use unicode characters).
2. Change your password once a week.
Instead of linking to your website homepage or Facebook page, consider creating a custom landing page for your Twitter link. This way when people click on your link you can 1) create a custom greeting and 2) easily measure specific inbound links from Twitter users checking you out.
Not sure what to blog about?
- What do you know a lot about that others would want to learn?
- What questions are you constantly asked by customers?
- What hot topics are your community discussing right now?
Links within your websites should be very descriptive. Linking to copy like: “For a great event marketing webinar, click here” is not SEO effective. You want to tell search engine bots what the link is about by thinking relevant keywords, for example: “Take a look at this Event Marketing Social Media Webinar”.